Tuesday, January 17, 2017

We've been able to find some new people to teach. Most of them stay with members or it’s a part member family...which I don’t know why we didn’t try to focus on them before because they all have fellow-shippers to help them progress in the gospel. duuuuuuhhhhhh!!!

Well not as bad as Elder Baileys story this week, but we also had lights off here in Ghana...sadly it happened in the middle of the night so no one could sleep because it was excruciatingly too hot!!

This week we will be having MLC (mission leadership council) again at president’s house. I'm really excited for this because we haven’t had it for a long time due to Christmas and New Year’s. 

Sunday at church I was asked to give a talk on home teaching. So I went back to read the conference talk from Elder Jeffery R. Holland and had some great inspirations to share during my talk. I've come to realize that Home Teaching and Visiting Teaching are a member’s only lifelong calling in the church, well, besides being parents! I’ve seen how important it is while being a missionary. It definitely has a different meaning to me now, and I know I have a responsibility to the families I will be assigned to in the future… to strengthen them in the gospel and look after their physical and spiritual needs in life. 

I was also asked to lead the Elder Quorum class. We had a discussion on the Prophet Joseph Smith and the restoration of the gospel and Jesus Christ. How grateful I am for a young boy who wanted to know the truth and sought our Heavenly Father in prayer without doubting. Who then received an answer which leads to the true church of Jesus Christ being restored back to the earth in its fullness!

I know the church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is Christ’s true church here on earth with the authority of God. Jesus Christ lives and loves us all! 
I hope everyone has a great week! Keep smiling and find the positive in life, it makes it much easier to live!

With love
Elder Morris




No comments:

Post a Comment