Monday, December 14, 2015

Rough first week in the BUSH!

Hey mama! So it's been a rough first few days in the bush.. it's not what I expected at all and I'm really really missing the city. I've felt super homesick actually because of holidays and I think just trying to get adjusted to the new area.

I did get your 2 Christmas packages at transfers and I haven't opened them yet! ha ha. Thank you so so much!! I can't wait to open them for Christmas!

Yes, this is a picture of my companion, Elder Svinurai is my new comp. He's been different then my other 2 comps. He's sort of commanding sometimes and you know how much I don't like being commanded to do things (besides the 10 commandments and other commandments)ha ha ha It's all good though. I'm definitely learning what traits I'm not looking for in a wife from all these companionship's! ha ha ha

My teaching has become better and more smooth then from the first time I tried teaching. Teaching is going good. There's a lot of not so serious people out here as well as some people prepared to hear our message. I'm definitely the minority here in Ghana...just simply by being white.

My living arrangements...well ha ha ha it's TONS OF COCKROACHES everywhere in the kitchen...ugghh-not a fan of those at all!! 

This week I was reading from the Ensign (church published magazine) that conference edition one you sent me. I loved Elder Durrant's talk about ponderizing and I'm going to start trying it this week! I hope you all can join me :) Choose a new scripture to ponderize each week. We can start slow and try to do it the rest of the year. It's 80% pondering and 20% memorizing. So that's something good. 

Something interesting...the church services out here are all in Twi...so i kinda felt like I did nothing for 3 hours on Sunday because I didn't understand a word they said.

I don't have much time this week at the internet cafe so sorry this is a short message.
This upcoming week we are going to the temple for a session which I'm so so excited about because I love the temple and I don't have to worry about anything else while I'm there!!! 

LOVE AND MISS YOU MAMA!!
your baby boy,
Elder Morris










No comments:

Post a Comment