Wednesday, December 23, 2015

I HAD CHRISTMAS DOWN IN AFRICA!!! Everyone go listen to this rendition of 12 days of Christmas by vocal point. Vocal Point 12 days of Christmas

This week I have pondered and tried to apply a lot of Elder Lawerence's talk What Lack I Yet...it has really been on my mind and I have been seeking what the Lord would have me change to improve my missionary work and also just to progress. 

So...wow, another hard week... let me just say it's so hard to find  people who will seriously talk to us out here in the bush! The area is kinda dying. We have a baptism set for January but besides that it's looking rough. Things with my comp...well just small things bother me with him but I'm trying to get over it. I keep telling myself this is all temporary! It's good to have Elder Lewis-Reese (from Minnesota) here in the apartment with me. We talk a lot to clear my mind haha I'm getting use to the area now and not as homesick but this area is just hard. So we will just need to work hard and find people to teach.

I'm so so so happy I get to call y'all soon! It will most likely be in the afternoon when i call. I don't have a set time so I guess just expect it anywhere from 9 am - 3pm...(your time). Elder Reese and I are going to try to fix some fried chicken or cook something nice. We were gonna get a pig and roast it but its so expensive. We only have 40 min to talk...and they are tracking our calls so we need to be efficient with our time. Out here in the bush we can barely find an internet cafe to email but there is probably no skype.

My ponderize scripture this week is Ether 12:4. I can't quote the scripture right now but it talks about faith being an anchor. BTW mom,  I used your scripture from last week for mine as well because it really fit well for how I was feeling. Thank you! (for those curious it was Mosiah 2:41) 
Oh I also found a guy who can make an nativity set (wood carving) out here. Should I get it?? I don't want them to get broken carrying them around the rest of my mission. So I'm not sure what to do.
Sorry this is another short email. Thanks for those who continue to write. I appreciate it so much. I hope you all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

love,
Elder Morris




:)

No comments:

Post a Comment