Monday, February 6, 2017


Hello to everyone this week! Hope everyone had a great one. Well, this is what’s been up.
Tuesday night we had a really big thunderstorm which was awesome! It rained for forever which made it challenging to get home after with the floods and mud! (see photo)
Wednesday we went on exchanges with other missionaries.
Thursday we had personal interviews with the mission president which was great.

Let see I have a great story this week:
I really liked a certain lesson we had this week with a new lady we met, Sister Dora.
She stays in the same compound as a part member family so we've seen and spoke to here a few times but nothing of what we do. So when we met her we introduced ourselves and then started sharing our message. The great thing about it (for me) was that this lady knew English so well that I didn’t have to do my Ghanaian accent where I somehow stutter for words when I talk so I really felt the spirit in that lesson. No big distractions, no donkeys. Ha ha This sister was very humble about praying to know if Joseph Smith was a true Prophet. It was a sweet experience.
Another interesting part of the week was during my interview with President he asked me a question that I don’t think I’ve ever really thought about. He said "Elder Morris how is your personal relationship with our Savior Jesus Christ?" I actually had to think about it for a second... but if I’ve learned one thing on mission about my relationship with Jesus Christ, it is that I LOVE to use His atonement. One, because I’m not perfect…Two, because I’ve learned so much more about it and now understand its purpose.

In order for us to enter back into God’s kingdom we must become clean. We become clean by REPENTING of our sins. Next we partake of the sacrament to renew our baptismal covenants. The grace of Christ will be sufficient for us all but I’ve learned a very important lesson…people think grace is all about being saved and that the atonement of Jesus Christ is just to help people ENJOY this life while living in their sins. They expect to be saved in the end. But it’s not like that at all! It’s about being CHANGED by GRACE. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is for everyone. The opportunity to repent is for everyone. Are we using His atonement? If not, start now. Change from your old ways. Don’t expect God to save you in your sins if you’re not trying to change.
I LOVE THE ATONEMENT. My relationship with Christ is that I do my best to use the great gift He has given us and in the process He helps me change. I encourage all to do the same!
Have a great week! Take it one day at a time and always do it with a smile!
With love,

Elder Morris

 Baby carrier...No, I didn't carry a baby in this!
 Baby faces for momma

 This is what the streets look like when it rains...flooded
 Pink chickens...yes, they paint their chickens to tell who's is who's.
 Walking the streets of Ghana
Ghana sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment