Monday, April 10, 2017

Last Week in Ofankor

I hope everyone is doing well!! Look at all that beautiful American food!! Just to let y’all know my stomach hurt sooo bad for the next 2 days after chopping that food!! KFC+Pizza Hut=an upset stomach! Thanks to Elder Aiono who paid for it all!!!

Well here’s the transfer news...I’ll be leaving to my last area tomorrow. It’s called Asoum. It’s the deep deep bush. They ask that I continue to be a Zone leader but now to a new zone out there! I’m kind of excited now that I know what I’m doing. I’ll be with an Elder from South Africa. Idk how to spell his name so I won’t try till next week but when I talked to him on the phone he said. "I’ll probably be the closest to an American comp that you'll ever have on mission" ha ha  I think I’ll have to agree with that. Up until now I’ve had all African Companions. But that’s not a bad thing as I’ve felt I have had a full mission experience! And I’ll have to say I think the Lord prepared me to be with all African Comps! Shout out to my #Teamlightskin haha 

This week was a great one!! It went super-fast! I think because we had a lot of things to look forward to this week! Friday we were very lucky to attend the temple! Cool experience actually, we walked into the front gate of the compound going to the Area Office and temple site. As we were walking over to the Distribution Center, right before walking in, we crossed paths with our Area Seventy President, Elder Vincent. He was going to the Area Office as well. He greeted all of us and later that day we also met his wife. I just thought it was cool that I was able to greet a General Authority who was just in the same room as the Prophet not so long ago!

Another great experience this week was actually in church. First, we had some investigators that we've been teaching, dating back to the time Elder Kabwika was here, come to church for the first time. It was great to see!! A step of faith! I had another investigator, Kofi (8 years old, Sis Doras son) sitting next to me in sacrament meeting. While they were passing the sacrament I just closed my eyes, as a normal thing I do during the sacrament service. While I closed my eyes, Kofi started tapping me on the shoulder. I look up and he says "Why are you closing your eyes??"  Even though we should have the upmost respect during the Administration of the sacrament, I felt like it was a great teaching moment!

I pulled out an April Liahona magazine that I had with me and opened to the picture of Jesus Christ. I said “When I close my eyes I think about the Atonement Christ made" He responded "you mean the sacrifice" I said "Yes, I think about when He suffered in the Garden and died on the cross for me…When we partake of the sacrament we think of Jesus Christ."

After saying this I closed my eyes and waited for a few seconds. I then opened to see what Kofi would be doing and looked at him looking at my companion whose eyes were also closed. Immediately I saw Kofi fold his arms and close his eyes. He recognized by our example and decided to follow. As I thought about this experience this week and about the coming of Easter Sunday, I reflected how I’ve also learned through serving a mission, that CHRIST is our example! As we think of Him and His actions, as WE become as little children, we can decide to do the things that our Savior, Jesus Christ has done…forgive others, serve, bring healing to broken hearts, care for the poor and needy, just to name a few. He is the PERFECT EXAMPLE and I’m very grateful for the opportunity to repent and become better as He is. I’m sooo grateful for His atoning sacrifice. I’m grateful he suffered and bled from every pore; died on the cross, and died for us. I’m grateful for all of this so that He would know how to succor me when I fall. I know He'll do the same for you if you allow him to!

For the rest of this week it'll be pretty busy! Tomorrow I travel to Abomesu and stay there until they get us an apartment in our area. Wednesday we have to come back down to Accra for MLC. We'll get to sleep over at President house!! Yippe!!! And then the next adventure begins in the bush!!!!! 
Thanks for the support y’all! Hope y’all have a great week!  Can’t wait to send you my bush pictures next week! Ha ha ha
Love y’all,
Elder Morris





No comments:

Post a Comment