Monday, May 29, 2017

Hey Y'ALL!!
Its kind of been a while since I was able to send out a weekly email!
Just to let y'all know everything is okay! Asuom is very bushy but the work has great potential to grow out here. We just need a translator. ha ha
These last two weeks have been long and interesting. 2 weeks back, we were walking down the road to our apartment. And as I'm walking I saw a movement on the ground so I stop and look down and behold... a giant scorpion right next to my foot! And it was close to the size of my foot too!! So some Ghanaians came to kill it but my companion wanted a picture first so after his photo shoot someone grabbed a bolder and just dropped it on the scorpion. Sorry little guy....
This last week we went down to Accra (mission home) for MLC. I love sleeping over at president's house!! Hot showers, Root beer floats, Cinnamon Toast Crunch and AC!!!
I actually stayed a couple of days because I had to go to the dentist for the first time on the mission. That was fun!!
When we got back Friday evening we went to the chapel to hold our first baptismal service out here in Asuom. It was for a young boy named Enoch. One of the coolest baptism's I've had. I was able to baptize him. So we have a small set up pool that we put up in the back of the chapel and while we did the baptism it was pouring rain!!! Double wet!!!!! That was really cool and something I'll remember for a while.
Sunday I was asked to give a talk when I walked through the door. Not knowing what to talk about I used my options and just decided to teach the plan of salvation from the missionary lessons. I was actually amazed at how long I was able to speak without writing anything down.  But I was not impressed with how strangely I speak. My little Ghanaian accent was HARD CORE while giving my talk ha ha ha
On to another week. We're trying to help some people prepare for baptism on the 16th of June. Just need to prepare them well to follow our Savior.

I'd just like to say how grateful I am for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I've said it before but the longer I'm on mission I see different ways to apply it in my life. I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know it's something that needs to become a lifestyle not just a topic of discussion. Living our lives the way our Savior lived his...go about doing good and blessing those around us.

I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints is the true church upon the face of this earth. It is lead by a true and living prophet, even Thomas S. Monson!

God lives and loves us! We are his children. Jesus Christ is the Son of God! Only through and by his name may we return to live with our Father in Heaven some day.
I hope we all have a great week!
Love and miss y'all

Elder Morris


No comments:

Post a Comment