Monday, January 11, 2016

Faith in Fasting

Mama,

Thank you for your letter! It's so great to hear about back home! Good luck with school! I can't believe you're almost done! The church service in Twi is still the same...I haven't really picked up on a lot of things but I do get good time to ponder and read the scriptures during it. 

I really liked what you said about how even if we don't see immediate success we are always planting seeds. Sometimes I feel like we are planting the seeds more then we are gathering the harvest. But that's okay. Transfers are on the 19th. We will find out on Saturday what happens. Some people are already being transferred to Winiba, the new part of our mission, including Elder Barr! He's becoming a senior companion!

My ponderizing scripture this week is 1 Nephi 7:12 "Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him"

Sorry I don't have time for a weekly email this week. Please just know that I've been praying for what I need to change to be better and as I was pondering in Sacrament meeting, I had a strong impression to be kinder to Elder S and other missionaries, both in words and actions. As well I decided to fast this last Sunday for help in our area and guess what?! A guy brought his friend and his wife to church who seem to really be interested in our message and are so happy we are now meeting with them. I call it "Faith in Fasting". Remember there always needs to be an action to our faith. The plane has to drive before it can fly! (if that makes sense)...Know that I love you and miss you! I'll be sure to write my weekly email first thing from now on!

Love Elder Morris!

No comments:

Post a Comment