Monday, January 25, 2016

2 weeks of faulty electricity!

Jan. 18th- 
Hey mama!  So sorry this is so late ! First time we tried to cafe the electricity went out and then the second time it started raining and electricity went out again!! So this is my last time to try. So my companion, Elder S. is getting transferred to the city and I'm staying here.  It's good to hear you received my letters!  Ahh...Elder Barr is now training this next transfer. It seems that once you hit 5-6 months you become a senior comp. Crazy! This next transfer is only going to be a 4 week transfer so it'll go by quick! We have about 2-3 possible baptisms this next month!!! Please pray for Ernest, Patience and Emmanuel. The have all come to church and are keeping their commitments with reading and praying which is amazing! Things are looking up. The new mission president has a lot of new changes including no more office elder which means I'll never drive in Africa, unless I am called to be Assistant to the President. hahaha
Sorry, no weekly email this week. I pray the cafe will work for us next week!
Love and miss you all!
Elder Morris


Jan. 25th
Okay, so yeah, my new comp is really cool! He's quiet but when he says something it's usually really funny! He's really good at teaching from the scriptures as well. I guess the Transfer meeting was done away with world wide because we are no longer having them either. Which means some missionaries travel alone for transfers now which is sketchy!!!

Elder Tshibangu, my comp, is from DR. Congo. He has 3 months left on his mission and will most likely die (a phrase used by missionaries when they leave the mission to go home) out here in Asamankese. He is a cool guy. Emmanuel didn't come to church last week so we need to figure out how he's doing. Ernest came and loved it again. He's most likely going to be baptized on the 6th of February.

If you have pics from home send them to me. I miss seeing everyone! 
Thanks for sending snail mail letters and the package :) I'll keep an eye out for them. Thanks for the prayers! I love and miss you all! Please tell Elle and Poots  to write to me! 

LOVE YOU!!!

Elder Morris!

No comments:

Post a Comment