Monday, October 24, 2016

Elder Vincent Visits

WHAT A great spiritual week!!!!!!

First off we had our Mission Leadership counsel with the Area President Elder Vincent which was such a great opportunity to learn from a general Authority.. It was actually really cool. I was sitting right next to him in the living room at presidents house and we got to chat small! 

We had a mission tour with Elder Vincent, his wife and The Mission president etc.
Holy cow!!! Let me just say I hope one day I’ll be able to know the scriptures the way General Authorities do!! 
Somethings i really like was he talked about us as missionaries, while inviting our investigators to church, to help them understand the importance of the sacrament!! And it’s something that I applied to myself this last Sunday. As I came to church I felt that I really prepared myself for partaking of the sacrament and had a strong focus on the savior Jesus Christ. And all that he’s done for us! 

We were able to have the baptisms for Bro Emmanuel and Bro Phillip this last Sunday!! And that was also a great experience for me! Phillip asked if I’d baptize him and as I walked into the water I had such a great, peaceful, joyful feeling!! He was so Happy after the baptism. Even this morning he called us to thank us for yesterday! 

Little story:

This morning we got a call from one of the Young women in the ward that helps us go and teach. And she called to ask if we could give her a blessing, that she needed us to come over quickly.. Soo we all stopped washing and got dressed, rode our bikes over to see what was up and she walked out of the house and I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Ghanaian that sad before. She was very upset. So we got chairs and sat to talk. She really opened up to us, telling us things are just going wrong in her life. Big long story, anyway...
Soo I had a scripture pop in my head that I felt impressed to share with her
In the Book of Mormon
Alma 7:11 &12
"And he (Jesus Christ) shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people. 
12. And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities."

What a comforting scripture to me.. That Jesus Christ has been through anything and everything we go through. No matter what pain, what affliction. Sorrow, suffering. Christ has been through it and because he has, he knows exactly how to succor his people.
Keep you heads up no matter what you're going through. know that God loves each and every one of you. And that Christ Atonement is for us all!! 
Find Joy in everything you do. And in everything that happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment