Monday, March 27, 2017

Well Hope everyone had a great week!
Again, not much to report in the area.
We were able to do some contacting again and were able to get 4 more new investigators. The teaching pool is slowly picking up.
With the Investigators we're teaching now we have about 6 with baptismal dates. Sister Dora and her son were planning to be baptized on the 9th of April but sadly Sister Dora has only been to church one time. She’s actually pregnant and is always feeling sick so she has a good excuse.
We started teaching these two Nigerian brothers that showed up to church one day and wanted to start learning. They're doing well. They said in our first lesson that they already believe the church is true. Nevertheless, we still need them to pray to receive the sure answer from our Heavenly Father!
Just a little spiritual thought this week. We were sitting in the chapel on Saturday afternoon with some of the youth and we started asking each other questions. When it was one of the youths turn to ask me a question I was supersized by what she asked. "What does the Atonement mean to you?"

To be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever asked myself this question. But I quickly responded, "It means EVERYTHING to me! And I try to use it every day!". I then realized how great my mission has been to me. 2 years of growing. I’d say 90% Spiritually and 10% physically (I’ve chopped fried rice every day for the last 7 months...)😶

But seriously, if you were to ask me when I was home, before my mission what the Atonement of Jesus Christ means to me, I’d hesitate and have to think about it. I would try to see where I could apply it or even what it actually means. But now I see. Life isn’t about being perfect, but life is about preparing to become perfect. In order to do that, we need to use the Infinite Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ. We need to be cleansed of our sins. We do this by BUILDING our faith in Christ, repent of our sins each day, partake of the Sacrament each Sunday to renew our Covenants made at baptism. As I do this I receive the SPIRIT once again in my life and continue practicing perfection. 

How grateful I am for the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I know I’m not perfect...only one of Gods children was. That child, even the Son of God, Jesus Christ, made it possible for us to become as He is, one day. 

Thanks for all the support y’all give me! I appreciate it each week!
Y’all are in my prayers. Have a great week!
With love,
Elder Morris

 Flower Tie group







No comments:

Post a Comment