Sunday, April 10, 2016

Sail On and Smile

So sorry that I didn't get a weekly update sent last week. Not much happened anyway. hahah I realized yesterday that I've been in Africa 7 months! General Conference Sunday was yesterday but we weren't able to watch due to the time difference. We might see one or two sessions eventually. It's sad but I guess I have the Ensign to look forward to.
For those of you who remember Sis Janet and her twin daughters, Princess and Priscilla, they'll be baptized this upcoming Sunday if things go as planned. We've also been working with a guy named Lawrence and his nephew Matthew, who is 9, his mother is a member. They are also preparing to be baptized this Sunday! It's exciting seeing the work move forward.
We've be struggling to find new investigators but it seems the Lord keeps placing people on our path to teach. So that's good. This last Sunday we had 8 new investigators at church. Out of the whole district, we had a total of 12 but 8 of them were from our ward. So the work is definitely going well here!
Some challenges I've had would be working with and getting along with my comp. Elder Sakala. I pray for charity and I'm going with a my new Groove "Sail on and smile!"
So, when things go bad I remember it won't last for forever and I need to endure the bad to appreciate the good. It's all part of life. Patience is a virtue. So continue pressing forward.
We won't be taking our recent converts to the temple anymore because the ward usually goes at the end of April. That means they will join the ward members to go.
Sorry for such a short weekly but that's about all. Rainy season coming soon so I'm happy about that. It's been hot lately! Eating is becoming a chore. It's hard to do because we eat a lot of the same things every day. Rice, stew, and foo foo. 
Can you believe I crave foo foo now?! I never thought the day would come. ha ha
Love and miss y'alll. Hope you have a great week
Remember to sail on and smile!
Love and miss you,

Elder Morris


No comments:

Post a Comment