Monday, June 6, 2016

6/6/2016

Another week flown by!!! How great is life?? Very great!!
Soo nothing big this week!! We did have a lot of progression in our teaching pool.
Wednesday I had the opportunity to go on exchanges with the Zone leaders. Our ZL’s (zone leaders) are really cool guys! One is Elder Paddon from my very first apartment. From 9 months ago! haha wow.. It’s cool to see us all growing up. So I was actually with the other comp, Elder Broadhead from Cali. He’s a cool guy. They are actually training a new missionary so there were 3 of us. I also went to their area called Swedru. So after our DCM we left to their area. They themselves have been having a hard time finding people to teach as well. So we did a lot of walking and not much teaching. But the lessons we did have it was great to see how Elder Broadhead taught things. That night was had a good time just talking with each other. He goes home in October so he very excited about that. Because there were 3 of us, I slept in  a hammock that Elder Paddon had and it was actually really comfortable!!

So like I said our teaching pool is starting to increase again. While I was on exchange, Elder Sakala found a family that was interested. This finding was done through service. The lady was weeding out side here house and they stopped to help. But since then we’ve met with the family and already have a baptismal date set for the husband and wife for the 3rd of July. They asked during the lesson "so what do we have to do to be baptized in your church".  I love when people ask that question!! And again on Sunday, we received a referral from the other Elders. A man (about 20 +) showed up to their service and asked, what do I have to do to be baptized. This past week was also fast and testimony meeting (a meeting where members of the congregation get up to share their testimony and faith in Jesus Christ). I was fasting for help finding new investigators in our area, and that we would find the people that the Lord is preparing. I received the answer! So now that we're again building our teaching pool with good people, transfers come in 2 weeks…and anything could happen. I actually hope I stay in the area. I have a good relationship with the members here.

Also about fast & testimony meeting, I’ve made it a personal goal to share my testimony as often as I can. So for the last 3 months, I’ve shared my testimony on fast Sunday.  Just my simple testimony of what I know to be true and it makes me feel better when I do. So I plan to continue to share each fast Sunday.
This week I believe we're planning to go to the temple again with Lawrence. There’s a lot to look forward to! Remember, if you’re feeling down or blue or any kind of sadness this week, just remember that God loves you!! And be happy because it’s something YOU control:)))
Smile even in the hardest times!!!
Love and miss ya!! Thanks for the emails!!
Have a blessed week!
You’re all in my prayers
Love
Elder Morris!








No comments:

Post a Comment