Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Hey y’all-
I hope everyone had a good week! Mine was good. I didn’t fall off my bike this week so that was a blessing. However I did hurt my toe playing soccer. I kicked the ball the same time as someone and bent my toe nail back. OUCH!!! It was bad ha-ha but it’s all good now.
Not much to report on this week. Sadly, Bro E. is running from us. We only saw him Saturday but he was making some excuses so that we wouldn’t meet. We started asking questions to find out his concerns and we did. We'll see him tomorrow but depending on what he says we may be dropping him. It’s sad to see someone who has come so far in the teachings, even passed a baptismal interview, who is now falling away because they refuse to pray and ask God. We understand they all have their agency. So we will continue to pray for him.
Mercy’s kids, Nancy and Kofi (Ransford) will be baptized this next Sunday along with Sister Janet’s husband (recent convert/part-member family) Abraham. It will be wonderful to have their whole family there together. Families are forever!

Mercy’s family is so cool!! They love the gospel and the Church. They're like the definition of prepared investigators. I feel bad that Sis. Mercy has to wait to be baptized (due to her extended marriage) but I know she'll press on in faith! You don’t have to be a member to come and worship God. One day her time will come.
Yesterday was Elder Sakala’s 1 year mark and his birthday!  We had a small party at our ward mission leader’s house. It was fun and he had a great time. It was a very special day for him.
We finally had rain the last 2 days. Rainy season is almost over so we’ve been enjoying the nice cool weather lately. A small bummer for the last few weeks is that we haven’t had running city water so we've been searching all over for water to bath with! We have a lot of wells around but ours happens to be filled with dirty nasty water. I don’t know what is in there but I’m sure we’d get a skin disease if we tried using this water ha-ha. Yesterday it came on for just a short time right before bed so we all rushed to fill up our gallon jugs. Pray for water!!

Transfer news comes this Saturday. I’m pretty sure I’ll be staying in Winneba but I wouldn’t mind. I’d love to celebrate my 1 year in the field with this ward. We've really grown close. Anyway, that’s about it for this week. Hey did I ever mention that I have learned to cook bean stew?  I’m almost a professional now ha-ha. 
Well, I hope everyone has a great week. Thank you for your letters and support.
Love and miss y’all!
Elder Morris



No comments:

Post a Comment